All-Russian competitions in underwater robotics were held in Vladivostok on the basis of the Far Eastern Marine Training Center of the Maritime State University. Admiral G.I. Nevelsky, the press service of the NTI Circle Movement reported.
Competitions passed May 6-7, but the message about the results “because of the holidays”, as the organizers explained to D-Russia.ru, was sent out only on May 13.
The participants of the competition prepared a technical report, made a presentation of their apparatus, and on the final day they demonstrated the work of underwater robots by completing a “competitive mission” in the pool.
Every year the tasks of the mission change and are devoted to the urgent problems of the World Ocean. This year, the teams needed to develop a remotely operated uninhabited underwater vehicle (ROV) that can perform some of the tasks of diagnosing and replacing underwater cable, repairing fish nets, monitoring environmental conditions and working in Antarctica. The regional stage of the Autonomous Unmanned Underwater Vehicles (AUV) competition was also held.
In total, 28 teams from all over Russia took part in the final competitions. The places were distributed as follows:
Scout (the organizers preferred English terms to designate the categories of participants in the competition – ed.) – grades 1-4:
- 1st place – Golden Anchor, Ussuriysk, Center for the Development of Robotics;
- 2nd place – LIOM MASH, Novosibirsk, Lyceum No. 22 “Hope of Siberia”;
- 3rd place – Polar Star, Monchegorsk, FabLab.Monchegorsk.
Navigator – 5-8 grade:
- 1st place – Black Pearl, Ussuriysk, Center for the Development of Robotics;
- 2nd place – Robokvanty, Novosibirsk, GAU DO NSO “OCRTDiYu” DT “Kvantorium”, MAOU Lyceum No. 176;
- 3rd place – #Robocar, Orenburg, MOAU secondary school No. 35.
Ranger – grades 9-11 / Explorer – university students:
- 1st place – Robocenter, Vladivostok, Center for the Development of Robotics;
- 2nd place – Tomato is happy for everyone, Novosibirsk, Lyceum No. 22 “Hope of Siberia”;
- 3rd place – MSU Robotics team, Vladivostok, Moscow State University. adm. G.I. Nevelskoy.
ANPA, junior – grade 5-8:
- 1st place – DaEdAIUs, Vladivostok, Center for the Development of Robotics;
- 2nd place – Dekurgan, Blagoveshchensk, FGBOU VO “BSPU”.
AUV, senior – 9-11 grade:
- 1st place – JABA INC., Vladivostok, Center for the Development of Robotics;
- 2nd place – ANPA, Blagoveshchensk, FGBOU VO “BSPU”.
The winners of the competition in the AUV category will take part in the All-Russian AUV robotics competition in Innopolis in June 2022, and the winners in the Ranger category will represent Russia at the International underwater robotics competition in June-August 2022.
The organizers were the Center for Robotics, the Center for the Development of Robotics and the Maritime State University. adm. G.I. Nevelskoy. The competitions are held within the framework of the project of the NTI Circle Movement “Engineering competitions and competitions in marine robotics”.