In the Sverdlovsk region there are four territories of advanced socio-economic development (TASED), two of which are the closed “nuclear” cities of Novouralsk and Lesnoy. The decrees on the formation of zones endowed with tax and administrative preferences were adopted in February 2019. What has been done in these three years, the correspondent of “RG” found out.
The city-forming enterprises of “nuclear” cities do not hide their interest in developing non-nuclear business in their neighborhood, and this is understandable. First, they need to solve the problem of diversification, and it is possible to bring the share of civilian products to 50 percent by 2030 only in cooperation with new partners. Obviously, one cannot manage here on one’s own.
Secondly, the state corporation is aware of its special responsibility for the cities of presence: the whole city, literally all of its inhabitants, depends on the well-being of the enterprise. And their life and moods, in turn, affect the stable development of the company. The better the socio-economic situation in the territory, the more comfortable the urban environment, the more confident enterprises are in their future and can count on retaining staff and the influx of new highly qualified specialists.
And for potential investors, a prosperous city is much more attractive. Local authorities do their best to match this image, emphasizing that the secret of success lies in the interaction of three parties: the city-forming enterprise, the municipality and the region.
So, the return from the PSEDA “Novouralsk” is already noticeable, I am sure the first deputy head of the city Vadim Khatipov. This is natural: the status of a closed administrative complex gives a high level of safety, the city has an advantageous location – only 78 kilometers to Yekaterinburg, a developed industry … Where else could it not be here to produce, for example, complex bioproducts – the same insulin? At the same time, as Khatipov emphasizes, ZATO includes five rural settlements – they are located outside the restricted area, and all the benefits of PSEDA are valid here.
– 13 residents of TASED are implementing 14 investment projects. 260 jobs have been created, and taxes have already exceeded 33 million rubles. Over the next three years, it is planned to create more than 300 jobs, organize new investment sites, – says the representative of the municipality.
By the way, experts have calculated: starting a business in TASED, taking into account the benefits, reduces the payback period of the project by a whole year. And the new development strategy of Novouralsk will help keep in the city and attract good specialists here. It has two main aspects – the creation of modern jobs and comfortable living conditions “with elements of the capital.” So far, pendulum labor migration between ZATO and Yekaterinburg is about 6 thousand people, but the implementation of plans should help reduce it.
TASED residents in “nuclear” cities are included in the “high technology club”
Anchor enterprises are often the initiators of the creation of priority development territories – in Novouralsk, this is the Ural Electrochemical Plant (UEKhK).
– It was the close cooperation of the city administration, the city-forming enterprise and the parent company of TVEL, Rosatom that made it possible to convince the Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation to allow the creation of a PSEDA here, – emphasizes Oleg Elistratov, deputy general director of UEHK for the development of non-nuclear business.
According to him, today residents can use another instrument of state support. According to the decree of the government of the Russian Federation, regulating the operation of industrial clusters, it is possible to receive a subsidy for a joint project for the production of import-substituting products – up to 300 million rubles. This is also a mechanism that increases the attractiveness of the site. In addition, a resident of TASED, in the words of Elistratov, “falls into the club of high technologies”, which have always been and are developing in this city.
Experienced residents can already sum up the first results – they do not regret their decision. NPP “Ceramic Systems” has always been interested in breakthrough areas, says director Dmitry Konkov. The company’s core business is the production of ceramic substrates for automotive catalytic converters, but the business will not stop there.
– We started to develop the industrial park. Thanks to the support of the management company, the infrastructure is being created. But the intervention of power structures is often required. We already have experience of joint work on changing the regional legislative package on TASED. They brought it into line with federal legislation, and now it works, – says Konkov.
Literally maternal care of Atom-TOR Management Company (it manages all PSEDA created in closed nuclear cities of the country. – Ed.), Which “takes the handle and helps to go”, noted Sergei Lapin, head of project support in within the framework of state programs of NPO “Centrotech”.
– A year has passed since obtaining the status of a resident. The result is two investment projects. Appetite comes with eating – preparations have begun for the third project to create a center for additive technologies. The implementation of all three will provide 230 jobs. We now employ about a hundred people. The main result is that people have not left the territory, they intend to live here and develop. Another reason for positive is cooperation and cooperation with the current residents of the PSEDA, – he says.
In another nuclear city, Lesnoy, the successes are not yet so impressive: the real work is just beginning.
– We are closely cooperating with the city-forming enterprise – the plant “Electrokhimpribor” (EHP), we have created a working group. Lesnoy defended the development strategy, the main direction is to attract science-intensive, high-tech enterprises. We are developing social infrastructure in cooperation with Rosatom, – said the head of Lesnoy, Sergei Cherepanov.
The closed regime, of course, reduces the interest of potential residents, he admits. Few people know that for those who have already registered in the PSEDA, there are concessions when issuing passes.
By the way, life has shown that the peculiarities of a closed city sometimes even accelerate the processes of adaptation and business growth. Alla Zhukova learned about the creation of a PSEDA in Lesnoy several years ago, when she was engaged in construction in Snezhinsk, ZATO in the South Urals. I got interested in new opportunities and two years ago I bought a property complex in Lesnoy. The entrepreneur is going to build a woodworking enterprise on 8 thousand square meters. She says she did not expect that business would go so quickly, for example, thanks to the ECP, electricity appeared on the site in a few months (much faster than the electricity grid company offered). At the end of 2021, the Greenwood company “purchased new production lines, and is going to begin installation supervision of the structures in January. And it is already thinking about further development.
– We are building a deep wood processing enterprise, which means there will be a large amount of waste. We are getting ready to use them, – says the CEO.
By the way, Zhukova admitted, the new project also changed her life. Lesnoy is not Novouralsk – it is 240 kilometers from Yekaterinburg. Three hours one way by car – you can’t hit it every day. Therefore, there is one more permanent resident of ZATO.
Dmitry Ionin, Deputy Governor of the Sverdlovsk Region:
– The Sverdlovsk Region is a promising region for investment: natural resources, geographic advantages, industrial potential, a scientific and technical school … 132 thousand economic entities work in the Middle Urals, 80 percent of them are SMEs. Over the past 7 years, investments in the economy have reached 2.8 trillion rubles. The investment infrastructure is based on the Titanium Valley SEZ operating at two sites and four PSEDA. The region also has 10 industrial parks. The legislation provides their residents and participants in priority investment projects with a number of preferences. So, in 2020 they received more than 15.7 billion rubles of tax incentives – 3.3 billion more than in 2019. The Regional Investment Promotion Agency provides support for investment projects on the principle of one window – as of October 1, 2021, there were 43 such projects with a total investment of 38.9 billion rubles.