Traditional pizza is baked in the oven, and in modern conditions – in the oven. To speed up the process, you can cook pizza in a pan. Yeast dough requires time and special attention, but if you need to prepare breakfast or a snack quickly and without hassle, the recipe for potato pizza will do.
- potatoes – 3-4 pcs. (depending on size);
- chicken egg – 1 pc.;
- wheat flour – 2 tbsp. l.;
- sausage or bacon – 150 g;
- champignons – 150 g;
- red onion – 1 pc.;
- tomatoes – 2 pcs.;
- hard cheese – 70 g;
- vegetable oil – 2 tbsp. l.;
- salt, spices – to taste.
- Peel the potatoes, grate the tubers on a fine or medium grater. Squeeze and drain excess liquid.
- Add the egg, salt and spices to taste, flour to the grated potatoes. Stir until smooth.
- Cut sausage or bacon into strips, fry in a preheated dry frying pan. If not enough fat is rendered, add some vegetable oil.
- Put the diced onion into the pan, fry for a few minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the pan. Stir and cook until moisture evaporates. Season with salt and spices to taste.
- Heat the remaining vegetable oil in another pan. Spread the potato mass in an even layer, covering the bottom of the pan. Fry over low heat for 5 minutes. Flip over to the other side.
- Put the prepared filling on top of the potato pancake, add the tomatoes cut into thin slices. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Leave covered over low heat until cheese is melted.
You can cook pizza in a pan from other products. In summer, when there are a lot of fresh vegetables, you can use zucchini for this dish. Zucchini pizza in a pan will not be as high-calorie as traditional, but no less tasty.