Anyone who has been to Turkey at least once will surely remember the Revani dessert. He is a frequent guest at the buffet at the hotel. You can cook it at home, spending a minimum of effort and products on it.
- egg – 3 pcs.;
- sugar – 2 cups;
- kefir – 1 glass;
- vegetable oil – 2 tbsp. l.;
- semolina – 1 cup;
- flour – 0.5 cups;
- baking powder – 1.5 tsp;
- water – 1 glass;
- lemon – 0.5 pcs.;
- coconut flakes – to taste.
How to make Revani Buffet Dessert
- For syrup, combine a glass of sugar and water in a saucepan, bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Then add lemon juice and set aside. The syrup should be cold by the time the cake is done.
- Making dough for the pie. Break the eggs into a bowl, add a glass of sugar. Beat with a whisk until smooth and bubbles appear. You can use a mixer.
- Pour kefir into the egg mass. You can use unsweetened yogurt. We mix.
- Add vegetable oil, mix again until a homogeneous liquid.
- Pour the semolina, sift the flour, add the baking powder. Knead a smooth and homogeneous dough.
- At the end, add lemon zest to taste.
- We get enough liquid dough for the pie. This shouldn’t bother you. During cooking, the semolina will swell well and the dough will turn out to be the right consistency.
- We shift into a mold, greased with oil, and bake in an oven preheated to 180-200 degrees for 30 minutes, until golden brown. Readiness is checked with a wooden stick or knife. Drizzle hot pie with cooled syrup. It will seem to you that there is a lot of syrup – it should be so. The dough will absorb everything and the dessert will turn out very juicy.
- Cool the dessert, transfer to a serving dish and cut into portioned squares or rhombuses. Sprinkle each piece with coconut flakes or decorate with pistachio / walnut.