News

Silent Killers: The 5 Most Poisonous Mushrooms in the World – See What They Look Like

It is considered the most poisonous mushroom in the world. According to legend, in ancient Rome, this mushroom was offered to emperors (so that you yourself understand that). According to one version, the wife of the Roman emperor Claudius Agrippina fed her husband with pale toadstools in order to make the son of Nero the ruler.

Nowadays, most often inexperienced mushroom pickers are poisoned with toadstools: they confuse them either with russula or with champignons. At the same time, having eaten even a tiny piece – 1.5 grams of a mushroom – you can get into a hospital bed, and a whole mushroom will almost certainly lead to death.

At the same time, they are unlikely to have time to provide assistance: a pale grebe – delayed action mushroom. Symptoms of poisoning do not appear immediately. After 6-12 hours, abdominal pain, vomiting, bloody diarrhea, severe dehydration begin, and the kidneys, liver, and central nervous system are affected almost immediately. Then it seems that the person is on the mend – this is called “false relief”, after which deterioration and death come again.

Back to top button