Analysts predicted record profits for Russian banks
This year, the banking sector’s net profit may reach the maximum in history of RUB 2.5 trillion, and next year – RUB 2.4–2.7 trillion, repeating or exceeding this year’s record. think analysts of the agency “National Credit Ratings”.
- Banks will benefit from mortgages and loans to small and medium-sized businesses. But the growth of consumer loans will slow down by half, to 10-12% by the end of the year due to the actions of the Central Bank to cool the market. The quantitative restrictions on the issuance of loans, announced by the regulator, will become the main reason for the reduction in the banks’ net profit, the NKR believes.
Read on RBC Pro
The founder of Vkusville admitted a refusal to go public
Vkusville, which preparing for the initial placement on NASDAQ and the Moscow Exchange, may refuse the transaction in favor of a strategic investor, stated in an interview with RBC, the founder of the retailer Andrei Krivenko. At the same time, according to him, the requirements for the company during the preparation for the IPO are based on common sense and became a “vaccine against mistakes” for Vkusville.
- The pandemic and the development of online commerce have changed buyers, Krivenko said. Whereas five years ago, the chain’s shoppers, on average, went to stores three times a week, now they order groceries online with about the same frequency. The founder of Vkusvilla believes that the online segment will continue to grow.
Read about the failed experiments of Vkusvilla and the future of trade in the full version of the interview on RBC:
What else happened:
- American Chamber of Commerce in Russia (AmCham) applied to the US Department of State with a request to recognize certificates of vaccination with the Russian drug “Sputnik V” to facilitate business travel, said its president, Alexis Rodzianko.
- Former owner of Troika Dialog investment company, billionaire Ruben Vardanyan in an interview with RBK TV channel statedthat he intends to start a political career in Armenia. Watch the full interview with Vardanyan at 10:10 on the RBC TV channel.
- Regions with the greatest gender equality challenges become Irkutsk and Magadan regions, as well as Ingushetia. Inequality was assessed in terms of differences in salaries and the number of employed leadership positions.
- There are about 100 refugees in Poland arranged riots in the center for illegal aliens, which is located near the border with Germany. The migrants tried to escape from the institution, but the security forces managed to stabilize the situation. The Lubuska newspaper called the reason for the riot the decision of the centre’s leadership to send some of the illegal immigrants back to Iraq.
What events to follow today:
- The leaders of Russia, Armenia and Azerbaijan will meet in Sochi. On the agenda of the negotiations are two difficult topics, the creation of a commission to determine the border and the defrosting of transport links in the region. What to expect from negotiations – in review RBC.
- President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky will hold press conference for journalists from 30 world media outlets, dedicated to half of his presidential term.