World

ISU explained the reduction of quotas for Russian figure skaters for the World Championship Russian news EN

ISU member Lakernik said that the reduction of quotas for Russians at the World Cup cannot be called right

Honorary Vice President of the International Skating Union (ISU) Alexander Lakernik explained the decision to reduce the number of quotas for Russian skaters to participate in the 2023 World Championships. His words lead TASS.

“The number of quotas for the World or European Championship is determined by the results of the previous championship. If a country did not participate in the previous championship, it has one place,” Lakernik said. At the same time, the ISU member emphasized that the Russian skaters did not enter the tournament against their will, which means that the decision cannot be called correct.

August 3, ISU banned Russian team submit more than one application in each type of program for participation in the 2023 World Cup. The restriction also applies to the Junior World Championships. The ISU also clarified that the decision on the admission of athletes from Russia to international tournaments will be made separately.

Thus, the quota for the Russian team for the World Cup was reduced by three times. Previously, in each type of program, the country had three applications.

The 2023 World Championship will be held in Saitama, Japan from March 20 to 26.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button